Hardinge® HCAC® Collet Adaptation Chucks will adapt any spindle to accept C-series collets, 3J collets, B42/ B65 collets, #22/ #11 B&S collets, style-S master collets and dead-length® collets. It is possible to increase your machining capabilities by substituting a collet chuck for a jaw chuck for part diameters up to 4 inch depending on the spindle size.
The benefits of using collet chucks in place of jaw chucks include:
• Lighter weight, no hoist required to mount on spindle
• Faster job setup time than a jaw chuck
• Faster acceleration and deceleration times due to less weight and smaller diameter
• Higher spindle speeds for reduced cycle times
• Optimum gripping with higher precision capability
• Capable of using master collets and pads
• Improved part concentricity over jaw chucks
• Eliminate time spent on boring jaws
* No hazard of jaws flying off
Hardinge OD Sure-Grip® Dead-length® Collet Chucks feature a parallel gripping, 4-split collet head for maximum gripping and instant centering. Collet heads are quick change and have a 1mm gripping range to accommodate bar stock or piece part variation. The Hardinge design provides part length control for consistency from part-to-part and includes a non-stick feature for instant, repetitive collet opening. The Hardinge OD Sure-Grip Collet Chucks are ideal for twin-spindle applications eliminating drive fault situations that could be caused by collet pullback. These collet chucks are available in 42, 65 and 90mm. For more information call 800-843-8801.